Tuesday 10 September 2024

Adding 3110 to my monthly RSP

 Currently I am losing money in HK/China ETFs 2800 and 2801. I am slightly green for my Asia ETF 3010. I have set up an RSP with FSMOne to buy 2800/2801/3010 every month in the hopes of averaging down. Fortunately with zero processing fee/comms, one can RSP small amounts.

One thing I am uncomfortable with is the high concentration of Tencent and Chinese tech in 2801.HK and to a lesser extent 2800.HK. Previously, I could diversify into Vanguards 2805.HK but that was delisted leaving me less choice.

Doing a portfolio review, I have decided to add Global X HSI High Dividend Yield ETF 3110.HK to my RSP. The ETF is doing ok and Global X seems to be staying in HK (always a big risk that US firms like Global X could exit HK market due to political reasons). As it doesn't hold Tencent, it does provide some diversification. TER is moderate at 0.68% and AUM is US$300m+. 


Risk

It's exposure to the property sector is 9% and financial sector is 34%. Since the financial sector is indirectly exposed to property, there's that risk as well. Therefore, my addition of the ETF for RSP is certainly not me going 'all in', but adding a small bit of RSP every month. I will continue to be disciplined about putting most of my free cash into World and S&P500 ETFs.




No comments:

Post a Comment