Tuesday, 4 August 2026

Is S&P 500 becoming a crowded trade? Buy SREIT instead?

 


I have been rewarded for continuing to buy World and S&P500 ETFs every month as part of my DCA strategy even though valuations are stretched. At the same time, I have contrarian streak and have kept my eye of the beaten down SREITs, occasionally buying a bit here and there this year. 

Long-suffering SREIT investors will know that SREIT prices haven't moved much this year (compared to the S&P). At least that is my experience with my 3 largest REIT holdings, Capland Ascott, FrasersCT and FLCT. While these 3 counters have more or less hit my portfolio concentration limits, I think there is an opportunity to upsize some of my other REIT holdings. I am looking at Capland Int Comm Trust which should be a relatively safe bet, and also Far East Hospitality Trust after some decent results.







No comments:

Post a Comment