Ben Felix, a pretty decent Canadian finfluencer, just released a video on health and fitness. The instant noodle thumbnail brings to mind the FIRE chap featured in the CNA video who had a shelf full of instant noodles. Basically, bad life choices in relation to health and fitness will come back to haunt you later. This is a big risk with the FIRE lifestyle - some may choose to sacrifice health and fitness in their prime years in the hope of retiring a few years earlier.
Anyway, as you can see from the screenshot, Chronic Stress is the biggest $$$$ factor. There are of course many reasons why this is the case, including the fact that elevated stress= elevated cortisol = elevated visceral fat deposits. See: Chronic stress and impulsive risk-taking predict increases in visceral fat over 18 months - PMC
Checking my 1-year average Stress level on Garmin, I'm glad that I managed to remain in the low stress range, otherwise I might become stressed about it (haha). Life is variable and as the peaks in the chart shows, sometimes there are period of more stress. Fortunately, the standard deviation is not large (I don't have months where it spiked to 50+ for example).
Caveat: Your smartwatch can't distinguish between Excitement and Stress. So watching the World Cup could lead to elevated stress readings. But on a 1-year average, these special events would be 'smoothed out'.
No comments:
Post a Comment