Tuesday 7 May 2024

May Strategy: ETF + SG Reits

 


I was pleasantly surprised that my portfolio return managed to hit 10%+ in May 2024. May is supposedly a bad month for investing ("Sell in May and Go Away").  My original target for2024 was "high single digit", if the rally keeps on going, I may need to revise my end-2024 target to 15-20%.

It is obviously not going to be a straight line upwards. Markets always jump the gun when it comes to predicting interest rate cuts, so there should be a short correction when the market realises that the rate cut, while inevitable, is not as early as they would like it to be.





SG REITS

SG REITs have been doing terribly of late. My two target REITs are Frasers LCT Capitaland Ascott. Many pundits and influenzas are saying buy REITs now. However, that is basically the same as saying that interest rates will be cut, which is something that seemingly the entire world already knows. So when rates are finally cut and REITs rise, they will point out their 'correct' stock calls and maybe try to sell you an investing course.

My policy is to buy either VWRD and VUSD the same day I decide to buy any SG REIT. This prevents me from dumping all my cash into SG REITS and allows to be compare maybe at the end of the year, which purchase did between, REIT or ETF....

No comments:

Post a Comment