Tuesday 21 May 2024

IWDA $100 - more May strategy

 

As I had posted in Feb 2024, there were fair odds that IWDA would hit $100 and it has. Today is a 'red' day but IWDA is still marginally above $100. It could fall below $100 this week with some profit taking and that would be a good opportunity to accumulate.

Since I have been focusing a lot of Vanguard World and S&P500, I have not been accumulating much High Yield ETFs (VHYD and WQDV). I will use this week to accumulate more.

When it comes to individual stocks, I have one eye on SREITs but prices are not compelling at the moment. Frasers Logistics went X-dividend with a $0.035 dividend but fortunately, price is still holding up, closing at $0.995 today. 

What is interesting is China and HK. 2801 and 2800 are doing pretty well this year (after a disastrous 2023). I'm keeping up my some monthly RSP of 2801, 2800, and 3010, but might increase my RSP size just a little bit. I'm still pretty much in the red with these ETFs and this might be a good time to average down just a little bit more. But this will still be a small part of my cashflow deployment. Focus is still on World ETFs.



Earlier Post: BuyafterCrash: IWDA $100 in 2024?

2 comments:

  1. Are you not worried about a market correction at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, if a correction happens, I'll just accept it as part of the market cycle. I don't think markets go up in a constant straight line. I am more concerned that the Singapore market is basically not going anywhere so I have been steadily buying more World ETF which reduces the % of Singapore equities in my portfolio.

      Delete