Friday 22 December 2023

Christmas!

 

Warning: This post is not related to investing. 😄

I always had an interest in photography and my current Canon DSLR is already 8 years old. I decided finally to get a replacement. I occasionally do visit camera review websites and the sensing I got was that Sony had pulled ahead of Canon with their constant line of Alpha 7 models. The Alpha 7 Mk IV (released in 2021) seemed to be the model to get even if it meant 'relearning' a new camera brand.

Then in 2023, the equation changed with Canon's release of the R6 Mk II, which is one of their low to mid-range models. Apart from it being 1 year newer than the A7 Mk IV and thus having a slight technological edge (eg: in video), I think it shows that Canon is able to learn and catch up with Sony. I think it occupies an ideal price point with the R5 and R3 costing a lot more for more 'pro' video features. Unlike the old days when the more expensive cameras had clear advantages, the gap between midrange cameras and their professional brethren has really narrowed.

I am grateful that my employment income and passive income allows me to pursue my interests. In 2024 I would like to travel more and take more photos.

I hope you will be able to give yourselves some sort of 'treat' for surviving 2023! Have a Blessed Christmas!





No comments:

Post a Comment