Tuesday 27 June 2023

June 2023: Back to the bad habit of stock picking

 While I have repeatedly said that I will focus on ETFs, I occasionally review my portfolio (I update my portfolio page every 6 months) and identify some stocks that I don't mind adding to. 

With S&P500 now at 4300, the US market looks a bit expensive. I will continue to be disciplined to continue regular DCA of World ETFs but I also looked elsewhere. 

Last time I had the bad habit of trying to buy small amounts of multiple stocks. I am trying to limit that and adopting the principle is that if I am not willing to hold at least $50k of that counter, than perhaps it is a 'low conviction' holding and I should be looking at exiting the counter. If I still have some conviction, then I should continue to accumulate towards a minimum holding of $50k.

This led me to look at my beaten down REITs. I have identified Fraser's Logistics Trust and Far East Hospitality Trust as REITs that I would like to hold and accumulate more so I have bought both - I bought more FEHT than FLCT because FEHT looks cheaper. But I'm fully aware that hospitality REITs need to renovate more frequently compared to industrial REITs. In the meantime, I also continued DCA of Capland Ascott Trust.

On the UK front, given the recent correction on the heels of a hot inflation report, I added Aviva and Lloyds and will target to maybe add more GSK as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment