Sunday 6 November 2022

Strategy: November 2022

 With S&P500 under 3,800, I will continue to accumulate S&P500 and World ETFs (since US is about 50% world).  For this month I have bought some VHYD and IWDA and will continue to 'top up' the rest of my World ETFs (VWRD, WQDV).

I will leave my FSMOne RSP to run this month, which means I am buying 3010.HK, which is an Asia ETF with about 30%+ China, and a smaller amount of 2801.HK. Definitely a lot of uncertainty with regards to China so regular RSP seems to be the plan.

On the Singapore front, REITs are sort of crashing, the narrative is that there is no reason to accept current REIT yields when you can get risk-free 4% in government securities. Certainly there are those who are happy with 4% so they may want to reduce their equities exposure, however, I am still interested in REITs/stocks that have good fundamentals, especially if their price drops because people are exiting the market to buy bonds.

Earlier I had posted about accumulating Comfort Delgro (went up to $1.32) and Capland Ascott Trust (dropped a bit to $0.95).  Most of my money went to Comfort so I'm ok with the overall price movements.  Another REIT I am interested in is Frasers Centrepoint Trust which went below $2 because I do visit their malls and business still seems ok. I bought some under $2 and will continue to accumulate.




No comments:

Post a Comment