Thursday 7 July 2022

July Strategy: Regular DCA, and Astrea V and VI accumulation

 There is a lot of uncertainty about this market. As I write, market has rallied for 3 days in a row compared to last weeks' decline. Based on this pattern, there would be an equally good chance it was decline again next week. 

I have no conviction what the short term movements are going to be so I am just doing regular DCA while waiting. Bought my regular VWRD/LSPU today and also added a bit of AV.  

As for 2022 as a whole, I'm still optimistic that the market will stage a rally and end the year flat/breakeven.

Got my refund from the delisting of WBK ADR which was a loss-making investment for me. Oh well.

I have also been accumulating Astrea V and Astrea VI. Astrea V looks pretty safe given the size of the reserve account. I'm just using them as a place to park some spare cash to earn higher interest. In terms of risk management, I will not hold more than $100k total of Astrea V and VI combined

Looking forward to applying at the end of the month for the 3% SSB but given the news reports about its yield, I think that it will be heavily oversubscribed. Maybe I'll get $15k if I'm lucky, though I'm not optimistic, hence the need to find alternatives for parking cash.




No comments:

Post a Comment