Saturday 30 July 2022

August 2022 3% SSB - lowest allocation yet

 After being pleasantly surprised with an $18k allocation to the July 2022 SSB, I knew the high allocations wouldn't last as Straits Time ran an article about the record SSB yields (luckily they ran it after applications for the July SSB closed) followed by more articles to hype up the August SSB.

The results for the August 2022 SSB are in and the allocation is a measly $9k.

In the meantime I have also been accumulating Astrea V and Astrea VI. I have posted earlier why they are good places to park your cash and I'm not the only one that thinks that way as V and VI prices have slowly been bid up. Astrea V is solidly above $1 now so I am happy that I managed to build up my position by buying at $1 and lower. 

For Astrea VI, I actually bought some at $0.964 earlier this week but after the August SSB results came out, someone bought VI on  the open market at $0.999! 

I will buy more V whenever it is below $1, and VI is ok at $0.97 but there are not many sellers and so if there are frustrated SSB applicants that need to park their cash somewhere, prices may remain elevated for the time being.



No comments:

Post a Comment