Friday 27 May 2022

Closing Thoughts for May 2022

 

Unlike the "sell in May and go away" crowd, I am more optimistic as May draws to a close. 

I received more than $70k worth of refunds from SPH, Fraser's 3.65% bond, and I only just discovered, return of capital from Aviva, which is one of my biggest holdings. 

Shows that when you invest in individual stocks, you have to pay more attention. Aviva last month was below £4 and I would have bought more to 'make up' for the return of capital. Aviva has since rallied by 10% so I'm not a buyer at the moment.

Checking how much I reinvested in May, it only adds up to about $60k, so I didn't manage to reinvest all my refunds. This also means that I didn't manage to reinvest my May dividends which in the past is usually >10k (May is a good month for dividends) or my savings from salary. So warchest has gotten bigger.

Finally, and I've updated my Astrea VII post as well, all those who applied for $49k (the maximum amount before balloting occurs) got $12k class A, so that is a decent amount.


No comments:

Post a Comment