Saturday 21 May 2022

Astrea 7 4.125%


I am holding Astrea IV and Astrea V but avoided Astrea VI with its terrible 3.0% interest rate. Astrea VII has just been announced with a far more attractive 4.125% interest rate.

Given the comments on the internet and various bloggers saying that they are applying, it suggests this will be heavily oversubscribed.

Based on previous Astrea issues, it appears that if your apply for $1k-$49k, you will get something like 7-8k. If you apply for $50k or more, you will be subject to balloting. I went for balloting for Astrea V and got $18k so I was lucky.

This time, I think I'll just press for $49k and get the "guaranteed" allocation which should be around 7-8k. The small amount is not going to move the needle much on my portfolio returns, but I guess its always fun to press for a hot IPO. 
 

____

Update: Pressed for $49k, received $12k

No comments:

Post a Comment