Monday 12 August 2024

Retirement Goals: v0.1 of my checklist


I was playing around with graphics design online and decided to create a Retirement Goals checklist using an online template as an experiment. This is only version 0.1 and I will continue to iterate and improve it, and at the same time, learn something about designing graphics.

When I was thinking of what my retirement goals were, I basically only had one financial goal, which is to ensure that passive income exceeds current and expected standard of living. I use the term 'expected' standard of living as my retirement standard of living may involve more travelling expenses versus my current standard of living.

On the other hand, since Health=Wealth and I really want to retire healthy and fit in order to enjoy retirement, I have a lot more health and wellness goals to track.

My most recent cholesterol test unfortunately had a result of 210 though previously, I was always under 200 (though admittedly too close to 200 for comfort). Based on diet changes, I'm pretty hopeful that my next test will be under 200, so for now, this is just 'pending'.

For stress levels, I just go by what my watch says, which is generally low stress, which is pretty much accurate. Obviously there are stressful situations in life, but the key is not to bring it home with you. If you go home after work to rest and relax and continue to be stressed, that is not a good thing.
 

1 comment: