Thursday 13 June 2024

June Strategy



With S&P500 constantly making new highs, it is tempting to look elsewhere for better value. However, I have stuck to my plan and have continued to DCA VWRD, VUSD, VHYD and WQDV for June 2024 as well as FSMOne RSP.

There was a European interest rate cut but Poweell seems to have implied that a US cut is not so soon. Overall, a rate cut will bring relief to REITs. Recently Mapletree announced a bond issue at 3.85% (12 years senior note) which tells you something since risk free 6mth T-bllls are about 3.7%

I am still interested in Frasers LCT and will probably pick up some (it went ex-Div at $0.035 so current price of $0.95 is roughly the same as $0.995 before ex-div).

As for foreign shares, I note that Legal & General (LGEN) stock price has been crashing. I have a small position at about £2 average buying price but felt that the stock was rather pricey compared to Aviva and Lloyds which is why I had steadily accumulated AV and LLOY but not LGEN.  Now that AV and LLOY have rallied, maybe LGEN is worth a second look. On the other hand, I am probably approaching the UK estate duty limit of £350k so I need to be more fussy about what UK stocks I buy.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment