Tuesday 27 December 2022

Portfolio Update: Dec 2022

 


Given the crash in the HK/China market, it is no surprise that the 2 downgrades are China related, with the HKSE tracker fund falling from large into the medium category while First State Bridge, which only just qualified as medium was removed (even a small drop would remove it from the list).

In terms of Aviva, I am happy to report that since my last update 6 months ago, Aviva managed to drop below £4 which gave me an opportunity to accumulate more. The price has since gone above £4 so Aviva has returned to the Large category.

Banco Santander (I buy the ADR) has surprisingly staged a good recovery and even went above $3 briefly.  It is now hovering at $2.97. This means that I am finally above water for this counter and it enters the medium category.

Astrea VI is a PE Bond that I have written about and its YTM of 4.5%-5% (I accumulated it at various prices and hence the various yields) makes it more attractive than Astrea VII. Some might even say that Astrea VII is mispriced - why should the YTM of Astrea VI (which is 'safer' than VII not least because its reserves account is substantially filled) be lower than Astrea VII? The only thing I can think of is that Astrea VI's published coupon is 3% and retail investors don't know how to calculate actual yield? The liquidity is so low its probably only retail investors buying and selling this counter.

Finally, I decided to add SGS T-bills and SSB into the portfolio list. 


No comments:

Post a Comment