Saturday 29 January 2022

January 2022 Strategy

 

My New Year's resolution for 2022 was to buy more World and USA ETFs as I am underweight US. However, at high valuations, it would take me a lot of willpower to press BUY.  

Fortunately, there was a downturn this past week and this allowed me to make a few purchases of LSPU and VWRD.

There is significant volatility with the US markets reversing direction intra-day with huge swings. Reminds me of the GFC.

Inflation is real and not transient. People can see it in the prices of everyday goods such as the meals they eat. 

I expect further buying opportunities in February and will continue to accumulate LSPU and VWRD.

Another ETF I bought this month was 3010.HK via FSMOne RSP. I am temporarily pausing my HK and China ETF RSP (2800.HK and 2801.HK) as I consider whether 3010.HK is better from a diversification perspective (it holds 36% China, 7% HK, but adds South Korea, India, ASEAN).

As I am buying LSPU and VWRD through Interactive Brokers, I also added small amounts of VDPX and IWDA to my Standard Chartered Account. I am investing mainly through interactive brokers but also want some of my holdings with a different custodian.




No comments:

Post a Comment