Friday 13 December 2019

UK Elections - Conservatives Win

UK Elections - Conservatives Win
Stocks rally

  • Relief that its finally over.
  • Belief that there will be a deal rather than no-deal. 
  • Threat of nationalisation removed, National Grid, SSE, BT, Royal Mail rally.
Nice 1 day gain in my interactive brokers account. Probably one of my largest 1-day gains since the financial crisis.


Lloyds is probably one of the biggest beneficiaries, adding about +8% to its share price on the news. In my previous post I talked about accumulating Lloyds. The position is a decent size but because it is a pure UK play, I hesitated to add too much, preferring to diversify with SAN and ING

https://buyaftercrash.blogspot.com/2019/10/brexit-deal-announced-with-eu.html


No comments:

Post a Comment