Thursday 16 November 2023

Oct-Nov Investments

 I bought the dip in end October and early November, picking up LLOY, LGEN, VWRD, VUSD, GSK, IOZ, VDPX, VHYD. Thats 2 individual stocks and 6 ETFs by the way. 😄

For Singapore market, the only counter I purchased was FLCT. I mentioned previously that I decided that any counters that I planned to hold for the long-term, I should even enough conviction to accumulate at least $50,000. I took a hard look at my SG REITs and noticed that FLCT had not reached $50k valuation yet. So I bought 7000 FLCT @ $1.05 using FSMOne. The flat $8.80 commission makes it better than SCB's $13.23 commission (0.18% for priority banking). However, SCB has the advantage for small purchases since it has no minimum commission.

As I type this, it seems that the US market is rallying and that has helped my portfolio a bit. I am at 9%+ YTD so less than 1% to hit my target return of at least 10% this year (and thus cancelling out my single digit loss in 2022). 

However, anything can happen. If market crashes again, well I guess I just have to continue buying and hope for a better 2024. 😥



3 comments:

  1. Wow! I have been following you. It seems that you manage to catch the dip every time! What is your secret? Do you have an algorithm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, At the end of the year, I operate on the basis that its better to buy in October or early November and wait for the December Christmas rally. So if there is a dip in Oct/Nov, to me thats a sign for a Christmas rally. Some years there is no rally but >50% of the time, there is a rally - so on average, it is good to be a dip buyer in October/November. I am of course sitting on losses in China/HK, but to me valuations are good, so I am still doing regular DCA.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete