Friday 20 November 2020

Property Valuation Part II




Having just posted about receiving a 'personalised' property ad from one agent, I promptly get another one. I guess the novelty is going to wear off soon once everyone starts doing it.

I guess with the advent of technology, APIs, and data mining, more property agents are 'personalising' their property adverts with the valuation of your property. 

Quite clever to be able to write an automated script that prints out the mailing address you are sending the ad to and the corresponding property valuation. Edgeprop gets its data from UrbanZoom while ERA got its data from SRX and their valuations were different. 

Frankly, having a "3" in front of my property valuation seems be bit unrealistic. If real, it means that SG property has yet again outperformed the STI. But fortunately, STI has been staging a mini-rally and I think theres a realistic chance of it going back to 3,000 by the end of 2021.


No comments:

Post a Comment