Wednesday 20 May 2020

May 2020 Strategy Update

So much for sell in May.

I have been buying regularly in May as valuations are still decent. One of my focus this month was the Vanguard Emerging Markets ETF VDEM and 2801.HK as I added to my current position. I don't mind this being one of my core holdings. It has a signficant China holding which is fine with me as I've always been overweight China. 

VDEM's top holdings are Alibaba, Tencent, and TSMC. Previously I was underweight China tech but given Covid19, I think that equal weight should be the correct approach hence ETFs like VDEM over 3085.HK (which underweights China tech). 

I have also added to RDSB, TEF, SAN, ING, BBL, PUK, LYG, VUKE, WQDV, VHYD, ES3 (small amount at $2.55 - needs to go down 5% before I buy a bigger amount).

If the markets continue to rally, I may need to stop buying in June and start building up warchest (except for the bare minimum regular DCA).

No comments:

Post a Comment